The Top Ten Reasons Parents Love Pilgrim
10. Pilgrim offers an over 40-year tradition of high-quality preschool programming, is one of only five Oak Park schools accredited by the National Association for the Education of Young Children, and employs teachers who are both passionate about what they do and committed to continuing their own educations.
9. Walk-in service is of incomparable value on cold and rainy days... especially on those mornings when your preschooler (or her amazingly strong younger sibling) has successfully fought off your most valiant attempts to put on her boots or coat.
8. Making and selling donuts and cookies help encourage community service values and sampling the wares never tasted so good.
7. Opportunities abound to show off even newly developing musical talents, stupid human tricks and more in front of easy-to-please audiences during visits to your child's classroom and/or the annual spring variety show.
6. Availability of creative and fun art projects four days a week helps alleviate I-said-no-fingerpainting-today guilt when cleaning the house in preparation for visiting in-laws.
5. The extended-day options make it easy to satisfy even the most high-energy and social of children, for whom two and a half hours of preschool is never quite enough.
4. Time spent on the school playground (or, in case of foul weather, running around the gym) helps ensure a good night's sleep... or maybe even a nap.
3. A diverse nursery school community full of friendly, open-minded families enhances even parents' enjoyment of birthday parties and play dates.
2. Open-door policy means you're always welcome to drop by your child's classroom to read a story, make a snack, share a family holiday tradition, or simply hang out.
And the top reason Pilgrim parents love PCNS (drum roll, please):
1. It's nice to know that your child's nursery school boasts the most dedicated, nurturing teachers in the greater Chicagoland area... and, quite possibly, the world.